Blog Journal #2 9/18

I have been using Microsoft word ever since Kindergarten. I still remember going to computer classes at a young age and learning how to type on a keyboard. We had to keep our left hand on F and our right hand on J and we were forced to keep our eyes on the screen or else we would get in trouble because we needed to learn faster. Funny thing is I actually learned how to type using Facebook and constantly messaging people through the day in middle school and adjusting to my fingers use the keyboard. It really does take practice but now it is just super easy and gentle. I've never not used Microsoft word. It would be weird if a teacher would bring their MAC to school and use that. My county only used Microsoft and pretty much so does everybody else in the country when it comes to businesses and corporations. I always used Microsoft with writing papers, doing homework, etc. My teachers mostly always used Microsoft in he or she's lesson.

While reading ''The cost of copyright'' I found a really could part that describes the two sides to copyrighting. They said, ''On the one hand, they sense that copyrighted material should be available for their activities and those of their learners, and that such availability has great social and cultural utility. But on the other, they are aware of the increased vigilance with which copyright owners are enforcing their rights. And their actual understanding of the subject is incomplete or even distorted. As a result, there is a climate of increased fear and confusion about copyright, which detracts from the quality of teaching. Lack of clarity reduces learning and limits the ability to use digital tools. Some educators close their classroom doors and hide what they fear is infringement; others hyper- comply with imagined rules that are far stricter than the law requires, limiting the effectiveness of their teaching and their students’ learning.''
Personally for me I feel that I want my education to go as far as possible. I want every student to have a chunk of knowledge that they once learned from me. I want students to learn social and cultural utilities. 

Technology can be implemented through many uses in the education system now. First, students with disabilities should have assistive technology to assist them when learning. The teacher might need to move forward with the class and that student can have their tablet with videos to show them how to figure the work out. The next one is overall for students. Students need to always have active involvement. It's better to have every student on the same page when it comes to using the technology, which is why teachers before going into a classroom should be able to know how to use each device in the classroom. The last thing is the learning styles in a classroom. Students learn so differently from others and it's almost frustrating to have to learn one certain way. Technology in the classroom could help a great deal with each students because even if they're not on the same page, they're still all learning together as a class. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #9

Journal #10