Blog Journal 1 9/11

There was a time where computers were unheard of. If you wanted to research something you went to the library and found it yourself and read through a ton of books finding the perfect amount you needed, it was a long process and not needed, thank goodness. Now we have technology and computers that can take us wherever we want on the internet. Technology is woven into our society and there's no way we can turn back now. Technology has been a great deal in our personal life now in our professional life. There was no way of getting away from technology especially in education. Chapters 1&2 made a great point saying ''“““Educational  technol-ogy  is  the  study  and  ethical   practice  of facilitating  learning  and  improving  performance  by  creating,  using  and  manag-
ing   appropriate   technological   processes  and  resources.” No matter what happens, technology will always be in our lives and instead of fighting it in education we need to learn to use and influence others.

From the article I came across this standard, ''National Educational Technology Standards (NETS),
ispart of the Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to Use Technology (PT3) grant program spon-
sored by the U.S. Department of Education. ISTE’s are standards for evaluating the
knowledge and skills that teachers should have. The NETS- T standards assume that teach-
ers  have  already  met  the  NETS  standards  for  students  ( NETS-   S).   NETS-   S  articulates not only  the  basic  technology  competencies  for  students  but  also  their  application.  Together, these two sets of standards provide current and future educators direction for effective and appropriate goals for the implementation of educational technology.'' I didn't know how vital it was to really understand and focus on the use of technology for the students education. I didn't know that not only do you have to pass the test but you need to be able to do everything with technology. Thankful for this class!

A digital native is someone who was born and brought up during the age of technology and is use to the whole system itself. I, in away disagree because I feel like other teachers who might not have experienced all the fun gadgets when they were young should not be punished or terminated just because they're not from the same era as we are. I think everyone should have the right to learn about it and understand. Now, obviously if someone lacks the understanding the whole time and it's affecting their teaching skills then it could end up being a problem.

The difference between teachers and I are a whole lot. Most of my teachers from the past have been over the age of thirty. Which concurs that they definitely did not grow up with technology at their finger tips. Constantly I would have to help a teach with the TV or if her computer wasn't working with their lesson on it. There was always a setback teachers and technology because our generations and their generations were so completely different.

I hope much won't change when I become a teacher. We already have so many new devices I can't even think to begin more will be created. Even now though I always need help doing something so that won't change, but I really hope the generation under me doesn't feel like a different world almost like the generation above me.

Educational t-
ogy is the study and ethical practice of
facilitating learning and improving per
-
formance by creating, using and manag-
ing appropriate technological processes
and resources.”Educational technol-
ogy is the study and ethical practice of
facilitating learning and improving per
-
formance by creating, using and manag-
ing appropriate technological processes
and resources.”Educational technol-
ogy is the study and ethical practice of
facilitating learning and improving per
-
formance by creating, using and manag-
ing appropriate technological processes
and resources.”

Comments

  1. I think almost everyone has had to help a teacher or two with the technology in the classroom. It is not because they can't do it but simply because they weren't brought up with it, so I completely agree with you. I also hope it does not change too much for us and our students don't feel that we cannot keep up with technology and are having to constantly assist us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katherine! I liked the point you made in your post about having to help your teachers with their technology in the classroom--I can definitely relate! However, I think I have come to terms with the fact that, in the world we now live in, it is inevitable that students will always be helping teachers with technology, as it is constantly changing. Then again, as digital natives, perhaps our generation will fare better at keeping up with the trends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had older teachers growing up who did not have the access to technology like we have today and can see how that has effected them and me. Because of this I hope to be up to date with technology when I'm a teacher to benefit my students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and the other comments above. I'm sure we all have had to help our teachers that have needed a little more help with technology. It will be interesting to see in the future when we are (hopefully) teachers how the younger generation helps us. I mean, there are three year olds who know how to work an iPad better than I do. They are being exposed to it at such a young age that it will be interesting to see how good at technology they are once they are a little older.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #9

Journal #10